Dental Health Expert Forum
Have a bad tooth

Questions in the Dental Health forum are answered by Dr. Jerome Tsang. Topics covered include bridges, cavities, crowns, and x-rays.

Have a bad tooth
I have a bad tooth has a gaping hole in the side and was killing me for two days straight of course on a holiday weekend then on the third day the pain was gone but now I have a numb spot just anterior and to the right of the left bottom molar which is the bad tooth what I want to know is is this a bad thing could I put off going to the dentist for a week or should I make an emergency walk in like I was going to before the pain stopped
So I assume you don't have a regular dentist to go to?  I would think a quick walk in would be the prudent thing to do.  Getting it checked out and possibly getting some antibiotics and pain medications to have just in case would be a good idea.
Thanks I do have a dentist I am just a single dad and we just moved this weekend so money is very tight would rather not have the expense id I could have avoided it
If you want to wait, you can.  You could also just call your dentist and let him/her know and maybe they can prescribe something on the phone until you can get in.