Dental Health Expert Forum
Headache after Wisdom Teeth removal

Questions in the Dental Health forum are answered by Dr. Jerome Tsang. Topics covered include bridges, cavities, crowns, and x-rays.

Headache after Wisdom Teeth removal
My 17 year old son had his wisdom teeth removed 5 days ago.  While the first few days showed no complications, the past two nights he has woken up with a severe, painful headache in the middle of the night.  I took him back to the Oral surgeon yesterday and he said that it was nothing to be worried about.  The pain for my son is absoulutely excruciating.  Could this be damage to his sinus?  How long do we put up with the pain?
Has the oral surgeon prescribed any pain medication to help alleviate the pain?  Generally after extractions, the first few days are the worse and as the area heals, it should get better over time.  You might want to give your oral surgeon a call and let him know that the symptoms aren't improving and that it may warrant another evaluation.

im no doctor but i think he should see an orthodontist to check out everything