Dental Health Expert Forum
Healing time for extractions
About This Forum:

Questions in the Dental Health forum are answered by Dr. Jerome Tsang. Topics covered include bridges, cavities, crowns, and x-rays.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

Healing time for extractions

I am going to be having a few surgical extractions done on May 29th, or at least i am considering it.  My teeth are in very poor condition, and the teeth that i am having taken out are broken down to the gums.  My question is will my mouth and gums be healed enough to go back to work 14hrs a day 7 days a week starting on June 6th? Is that enough time to heal? My dentist says yes, but since I wont be getting a denture, or anything to cover the holes in my gums, I'm worried my gums wont be healed enough to withstand working hard outside for extended amounts of time.  Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
540545_tn?1377626518
I would expect you to be able to go to work after the extractions.  Eating may be somewhat difficult though so its important to make sure you get proper nutrition and drink enough fluids during the recovery time.  

Unfortunately I'm not sure how difficult the extraction will be and I don't think you'll get a great answer until the extractions are done and the doctor has a better idea of how difficult or easy the extractions were.
2 Comments
Blank
Hi Logan,

I had all my wisdom teeth extracted about 2 months ago. I took 2 days off of work to recover and all in all it took me about 2 weeks to fully recover. I can't say for sure if you'le be in good shape by that time because everyones pain threshold is different, and I don't know how many teeth you will have extracted. You definetly should be ready to go back to work by the sixth, and as long as you take whatever pain killers and antibiotics they give you regularly, you should only feel moderate pain if any at all.
Blank
Continue discussion Blank
This Forum's Experts
540545_tn?1377626518
Jerome Tsang, DDSBlank
Irvine Modern Dentistry
Irvine, CA
MedHelp Health Answers
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now