Hematoma in the gums.
I got my wisdom tooth extracted on 14th feb 2008, ... and havent been able to open my mouth more then a finger wide, .. since, .....
my dentist thought it was a muscle spasm and gave me muscle relaxants, .. for 2 weeks, ... (skellaxin, 800 mg, .. 4 times a day)
After trying that, .. and still with no improvement, .... i consulted TMJ specialist as well, ......(no luck there)
I have now consultant a Oral surgeon, .. who thinks, .. i have "Hematoma", .... infection with the anesthetic syringe, .. during the extraction, ....... hence, .. i will be getting a MRI, .. so he can further evaluate, ... this week.

has anyone had that?... what are the consequences?

Thanks for ur help in adavance.
Yoir presentation is rare. If there are no clinical evidences of infection, which are swelling, pain, and pus,ruling out disc displacement and muscle spasm are essential.Hematoma is generally not associated with trismus.If the locked jaw is caused by muscle spasm,you can apply cold spray along masseter muscles, and open your jaw. Warm up the muscles and repeat  the procedure 3-5 times , restoration of normal range of motion can be achieved. However, if the locked jaw is caused by disc  displacement , manual reduction of disc by a competent practitioner is required.