Hepatitis risk from dental cleaning
I went to a new dentist and am worried about hepatitic b & c risk. The dentist has been around for 40 years but first time I went and also the office was kind of old in an old medical building. The equipment was old, the floor looked a bit dirty. There was old spitoons that looked like had some permanent stains, old walls, old x-ray machine from ge, does any of this increase risk of infection? Like how long a dentist has been practicing? What if in the early days they didn't use sterilization. Also, I don't know how they can sterilize SO many tools so quickly between patients. How many sets of scalers, etc.. does an office have? A cleaning seems superificial, but probably the gums were bleeding slightly when the tools went in. All I'm worried about is the metal tools as I can't imagine any other infection risk.
The instruments should be sterilized properly each time it is used.  They may have quite a few tools available for them to use on a daily basis.  Each office has a different amount of instruments so I can't say exactly how many it should have.  
Doctor Ratings & Reviews
Comprehensive info on 720K doctors.
Complete reviews, ratings & more.