Dental Health Community
Hole in gum, crack in tooth, AND pictures
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to dental issues, bridges, cavities, crowns, orthodontics, and x-rays.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Hole in gum, crack in tooth, AND pictures

Normally I wouldn't get worked up over this stuff but as I am one year away from graduating college and losing my family's insurance plan I feel like I need to start playing it safe. I'm including links to some pictures (not pretty, sorry about that...)

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v292/barefootinthesky/Ouch1.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v292/barefootinthesky/Ouch2.jpg

On my gum under my bottom front teeth I discovered a sore, or hole to be exact that started hurting a few days ago. Not really sure what it is, how it got there, or what to put on it (ambesol?) but it hurts when I get toothpaste on it when brushing.

I've never felt like I needed to get my wisdom teeth removed-- they've never really hurt but every so often I feel a little pressure in my teeth (most the bottom ones). I had braces but eventually stopped wearing my retainer and as you can see in the second picture my bottom teeth shifted (the front two a lot) and I discovered, maybe stress factors on the front teeth (kind of hard to see in the first picture). They don't hurt, but I was really surprised to see them. Could this be something serious? Not sure how long they've been there.

I'm making my semi-annual dentist's appointment for this month, but I just wanted some other opinions. Sorry for the longer-than normal post.