Dental Health Community
Hole in gum, crack in tooth, AND pictures

This patient support community is for discussions relating to dental issues, bridges, cavities, crowns, orthodontics, and x-rays.

Normally I wouldn't get worked up over this stuff but as I am one year away from graduating college and losing my family's insurance plan I feel like I need to start playing it safe. I'm including links to some pictures (not pretty, sorry about that...)

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v292/barefootinthesky/Ouch1.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v292/barefootinthesky/Ouch2.jpg

On my gum under my bottom front teeth I discovered a sore, or hole to be exact that started hurting a few days ago. Not really sure what it is, how it got there, or what to put on it (ambesol?) but it hurts when I get toothpaste on it when brushing.

I've never felt like I needed to get my wisdom teeth removed-- they've never really hurt but every so often I feel a little pressure in my teeth (most the bottom ones). I had braces but eventually stopped wearing my retainer and as you can see in the second picture my bottom teeth shifted (the front two a lot) and I discovered, maybe stress factors on the front teeth (kind of hard to see in the first picture). They don't hurt, but I was really surprised to see them. Could this be something serious? Not sure how long they've been there.

I'm making my semi-annual dentist's appointment for this month, but I just wanted some other opinions. Sorry for the longer-than normal post.
Looks like you have developed a fistula of some sort on your lower gum/lip.  Has anything ever come out of it?  A fistula is just an open tract from one area to another area.  Wisdom teeth can become infected, usually you see an abcess (abscess) form close to the tooth, however it can erupt anywhere in the mouth.  The wisdom teeth will continue to cause your lower teeth to shift.  You are wise to get into the dentist this month.  They will be able to take xrays, and preferrably a panoramic xray that will show the entire mouth.  If you do get any drainage from the little hole, write down the color,consistency, and anything unusual (like foul smell). Your dentist will want to know that.  Also, keep track of your temp.  If its an abcess (abscess), you may develop a fever.