Dental Health Community
Hole in my gum near front teeth (Pic attached)

This patient support community is for discussions relating to dental issues, bridges, cavities, crowns, orthodontics, and x-rays.

I have had an aweful sore in my mouth for over 3 weeks now. Dentist gave me 10 days of Amoxycillin and today I took a pic. The infection was much worse and healed somewhat but the pain is still there and I have this hole that won't go away. Hurts a lot. Anyone have any idea what this is and how to get rid of it? Here's a pic I took today after 10 days of Amoxycillin:
http://aced.ca/temp/MouthSore.jpg

Thanks.
Mike
Sounds like you have to go back right away! You will probably be put on cleocin. Its a very strong antibiotic and its what they give you when the infection doesn't seem to go away. I remember I was on 2 different antibiotics for an infection after a root canal and was put on that and it went away. Only thing is it has a lot of side effects and their are certian things YOU CAN NOT TAKE with it. Good luck!
Shell