Dental Health Expert Forum
Hot/cold sensitive crown + Molar chewing pain +++
About This Forum:

Questions in the Dental Health forum are answered by Dr. Jerome Tsang. Topics covered include bridges, cavities, crowns, and x-rays.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

Hot/cold sensitive crown + Molar chewing pain +++

I will be using this chart for reference:

http://www.goodsamdental.org/Mexico_Dental_Tooth_2.jpg

Part 1:

I have had alot of cavities and problems with my 4 front upper teeth (7-10). I have crowns on 8 and 9 but not sure if it is veeners or crowns at 7 and 10, but there is no big problem with them.

I have had a previous crown at 8 since the tooth was so damaged, later I got a gray stain on it, x-ray said nothing (they've never seen it before they said) so they drilled it up and found out it was just a pocket of air or something of the like, so they sealed it back up with a new crown.

I have extreme sensitivity on the back and front of that tooth, + tooth 9. I have developed muscle memory to keep my tongue near the gumline to block it whenever I drink/eat something. Breathing in air makes it hurt too. I must also add that I use a tobacco product called snus (pouch of tobacco that goes under the upper-lip), which is known to retract the gums. What is happening here? Have all my bad diet habits forced my gums to retract, exposing the dentin/root/nerves which causes the sensitivity? And what would I do with it? Root canal? Is RCT on crowned front teeth hard to do?

Part 2:

Tooth number 30. I have had a cavity in the side of it, which then was filled up by a filling (maybe half a year ago). Whenever I chew something on that particular tooth, I experience pain. Is it a bad filling? Is my bite all messed up? Bad dentist? And what would the procedure be here, another root canal? Or could they just simply "fix" any gap/filling?

Part 3:

My teeth are pretty yellow, and I hate how they look. I reckon this is because of the enamel being shredded away by acidic foods/drinks and poor dental hygiene. Do some people naturally have stronger teeth? I'm thinking genetics here, because I always hear about people not brushing for months and their teeth are still white and no cavities. I didn't start flossing until my late-teens, didn't know the importance of it back then.