Dental Health Expert Forum
How to get rid of gum disease infection naturally

Questions in the Dental Health forum are answered by Dr. Jerome Tsang. Topics covered include bridges, cavities, crowns, and x-rays.

I have advanced periodontal gum diseased caused by bacterial infection and amoeba gingivalis. Due to my insane travel schedule, I am unable to have it treated by a dentist for next 6 months. My dentist took slide and showed major invasion by these dental parasites and bacteria. Is there a way to get rid of the gum infection safely using herbs such as green tea, goldenseal and tea tree oil with an applicator device to reach the deep gum pockets such as the Vita Pik or irrigator device or must I have the dentist clean the deep pockets out? What can I do until I am able to see a dentist to prevent the infection in my gums from getting worse?

Thank you,
Scott
Avatar_dr_m_tn
I do not know about the natural remedies that you speak of. My suggestion is to floss your teeth at least twice a day, get yourself a electric toothbrush and a water-pik type of appliance and keep your mouth as clean as possible until you get to see your dentist for the appropriate care.Eating detergent type foods(hard foods like apples, carrots etc.) would also help.
the plaque,  tartar and calculus that is present below the gingival tissues and that is harboring all the bacteria (whose toxic bypruducts "dssolve the bone around teeth) needs to be removed professionally.
Thanks-

I had one root planing session for the first upper quadrant and a major cleaning recently. I scheduled a visit for a Saturday to get the mercury fillings out and current teeth fixed. For now, I am using a water pik irrigator device with natural based antibiotic solution that my dentist gave me until I can get more treatments. It was way cool to see the slides and pictures!
A related discussion, 2nd time infection was started.
A related discussion, Pepsodent G Gumcare Toothpaste was started.
A related discussion, Few Dental Tips to keep your Teeth Healthy was started.