Dental Health Community
Hump

This patient support community is for discussions relating to dental issues, bridges, cavities, crowns, orthodontics, and x-rays.

Hump

So my friend has a hump in the roof of her mouth that has been there her entire life and is curious to know if she is the only one who has this... Is this normal?
Avatar n tn
LOL  the 'HUMP' that I THINK you are referring to is probably the maxillary tori.  If it's in the midline of the palate (top of the mouth) and NON painful and has in deed been there all her life... it's just tori... it's just how your bones fused.   it's not abnormal, some people's are bigger, some are smaller.  Some are so big that HAVE to have them removed... some are so small they can barely be felt.   Can she feel little 'balls of bone' with her tounge in the bottom of her mouth?  That's tori too.. again, not abnormal.. just a variation of normal!

Tell her I think she'll live  LOL