Dental Health Community
Hypotension after surgical extraction of 3 teeth

This patient support community is for discussions relating to dental issues, bridges, cavities, crowns, orthodontics, and x-rays.

I had to have 3 teeth surgically extracted, one being a wisdom tooth that had only partially come out and it was at an angle and the 2 in front of it. I was doing really well for the first week then on the 8th day (3 days ago) I started experiencing "vertigo". Not just when I stand, but at odd times. It's like a whole body tingle or shock. For the first 2 days of this I had no idea what it could be then a friend asked about my blood pressure and said it might be low. So today I ate a lot of really salty food, then went to the local pharmacy that has a blood pressure machine to check it. It was 117 over 62. I have/had noticed a blood taste in the back of my mouth and was worried about the hole that looked like it went back by my ear... I felt like I was getting an infection in my ear and it started to hurt (more of an ache, really) in my neck under it. I thought I was just being paranoid until I took my BP. I shouldn't have a ear infection because I just finished my Antibiotics yesterday. I usually sleep on that side (my left) but since the extraction I've been having to sleep on my right side.

So here's my question... is it even POSSIBLE that something is still "leaking" blood where I can't see it and that is causing my ear (and neck) to ache and my PB to fall? IF so, should I go back to the dentist or to a doctor? I DO NOT have the $ to go back to the dentist if I should be going to a doctor instead. I say "leaking" because it would have to be slow for it to affect me now.
Seeing an M.D. is advised