Dental Health Expert Forum
I dont get numb.
About This Forum:

Questions in the Dental Health forum are answered by Dr. Jerome Tsang. Topics covered include bridges, cavities, crowns, and x-rays.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

I dont get numb.

Its been a long time since I've had dental work done because of insurance and being terrified. The last 3 or 4 times I had fillings they had to give me 6 shots and I still felt most of it. I have three teeth that's the fillings broke out of and took most of the tooth with them. I went for a free exam a few months ago and they said I needed root canals,the rest of those three teeth pulled,and bridge work. They said they might even have to cut some of them out. Can they put me to sleep because that's the only way I will do it?
540545_tn?1377626518
Yes, being put to sleep as you say could be a great thing for you.  

Especially with the anxiety, it would help with the stress of treatment and provide a good experience in the sense that you won't remember the treatment.  

4 Comments
Blank
Bump
Blank
Bump
Blank
Well now there is a painfree needle less option to administer anesthesia. It is called Injex where pressure is applied on the gum to make it numb. You do not have to take any needle shots and this is a safe method. Try this next time.  
Blank
Continue discussion Blank
This Forum's Experts
540545_tn?1377626518
Jerome Tsang, DDSBlank
Irvine Modern Dentistry
Irvine, CA
MedHelp Health Answers
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now