Dental Health Community
I feel like that no dentist wants to help me.

This patient support community is for discussions relating to dental issues, bridges, cavities, crowns, orthodontics, and x-rays.

I had a bad tooth pulled about 3-4 months ago. Two days later I was still in alot of pain. So, I go back to the dentist. He says you have a dry socket and so he treats it. It was treated for at least 2 weeks every other day going to the dentist and getting treatment. Then the dentist takes an xray and finds that there' s a piece of tooth in my sinus cavity.  So, he gives me a choice he can try to get it out in the office,which has little or no chance of getting it,OR I can go to the hosp. and he can do it there. I choose the hosp. . So I go to the hosp. same day surgery. They said everything went fine and they got it out and told me to watch out for bloody nose. After about a week I'm still in pain. I called and the office says the stitches are dissolving. After another week go back  and the dentist says I can't find nothing wrong. Looks like you have a small cavity. after about a week or two (still in lots of pain) go back and he say you need a root canal. During this whole tim I can see that the stitches are still there. He says he doesn't see them, but, my 10 year old can and I can. So, we went to 2 other dentist and none of them can see anything wrong and I'm still in pain. I can see my gum is really infected. My ears have been hurting and my reg. doctor  gave me some reg. antibiotics for my ears, but my whole side of my face is hurting. can someone please help my find out what it is I'm suppose to do to get my mouth fixed.  My dental insurance stopped paying for root canals in April 2012  and didn't let me know. I found out on the website 2 weeks ago, they will pay if it's an emergency. Please give me some GOOD advice. I'm still in alot of pain and thinking about getting a lawyer.