Dental Health Expert Forum
I have a tooth growing at the top of my mouth!

Questions in the Dental Health forum are answered by Dr. Jerome Tsang. Topics covered include bridges, cavities, crowns, and x-rays.

At the top of my mouth i have a tooth growing. i have checked if it is a tooth and it defiantly is a tooth. It is at a place where there is no gums?! Please tell me if this is normal! Im scared :(
How old are you?  Where exactly is this place where there is no gums?

Its not unsual for people to have extra teeth.  It does happen.  You may want to go to a dentist to see whats going on.  
Im 12. It is at the roof of my mouth. What would the dentist do exactly? Would they remove it?
Hmm, at age 12, you almost have all your teeth coming out by now besides your wisdom teeth.  The dentist would need to determine if its an extra tooth or if its a regular tooth but in the wrong place.  You might need to go to an orthodontist to move it back in place or you may need to get it removed.  

i'm 12. i have a tooth on the roof of my mouth is that normal or is it unsual . if i go to the dentist. will they remove it or what
My 12 year old has a tooth coming in on the roof of his mouth.  He's freaking out cause he thinks its not normal.  Could you please reassure him that it happens and it is fixable.  He has had a lot of work done to his mouth since he was 18 months old.  so he's not a stranger to the dentist that's for sure.  Please help me??
It depends on the extent of how far out the tooth is.  The only way to determine the proper course of treatment is to get a dentist to evaluate the area and see if it needs to be removed or to get braces and place it back into its proper position, or possibly a combination of the two in which you remove the extra tooth and fix the rest.

A related discussion, 2 teeth growing from the roof of my mouth was started.