Dental Health Community
I was eating pizza and heard a crunching noise on my bridge

This patient support community is for discussions relating to dental issues, bridges, cavities, crowns, orthodontics, and x-rays.

Hi. I'm really scared. I have a 10 front teeth bridge who stands on 4 teeth. Canins and molars so no front teeth. My doctor somehow suggested me not to bite on my front teeth since my bridge may get lose from the back. Well..I thought biting like something hard, but I was just biting slow on my pizza when I heard one single "pock" on the back on one of my molars. I got freaked out. Everything seems normal now, but I wonder if something happened there, would I know?
I have no pain nothing, I'm just freaked that something broke. The brige is just 4 months old.

THANK YOU!
I also have a very large bridge anchored on 4 teeth. If it is well built and put in properly you shouldn't have to worry about chewing with it. My dentist reminds me that using my bridge to chew now that my molars are gone will put more strain on it, which can add up over time and make it loose or crack it eventually, but it shouldn't just pop unless it wasn't seated right. I broke 5 temporary bridges while the permanent was being made, because they just sort of stick those in and they aren't made of the tough stuff.
I simply try to divide my chewing as evenly as possible between the right and left sides of the bridge to evenly distribute wear and strain, and I take VERY good care of the four anchor teeth, because when they are gone, the bridge is done.
Obviously, if you heard or felt a distinct something from your bridge you need to get right in and have it checked immediately so you don't do more damage. My old bridge got very loose at the end and used to rock. I thought it was my teeth but it was just a loose bridge.
No second day after the pop noise, everything still seems normal. No sign of lossing.
I do take a good care of evrything I eat. That's why I was surprised when did that pop noise. I was slowly biting.
On one of my two front teeth. The left front tooth was pulled.  On each side the teeth will be the anchors.  Anyway, it has been almost 3 weeks since the tooth was pulled and the temporary bridge was placed.  The gum at the tooth pulled is healing nicely but, I can suck air through it.  Is that the gum receding or what?  Is this normal.  (it comes through between the bridge tooth (where one was pulled) and my gums.