Dental Health Community
I'm scared to visit dentist
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to dental issues, bridges, cavities, crowns, orthodontics, and x-rays.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

I'm scared to visit dentist

My gums are swollen, and when I brush I bleed so much I get scared and I have to stop. I'm really scare to visit the dentist because my friend told me he caught HIV with a visit to the Dentist. I don't know if it's possible or true, but because my gums are bleeding so bad, i'm afraid to get in contact with blood with someone else who has an STD such as HIV. I really need to see a dentist, because it keeps getting worse, I am nervous now because of too much bleeding. Can someone help me out with my fear? Is this a myth or something I should be concern about?
Related Discussions
2 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
Dear Melving1:
       In today's practice, It is highly unlikely to get hiv infection through dental procedure.
Osha sets up certain requirements for dental offices. The dental instruments are either sterilized or disposable. Surface disinfection of environment is usually optimized. Universal precaution is supposed to be implemented. If you are concerned, check out the office before you are seated.
Blank
Dear MelvinG1,
     I know they had concerns of people being infected by hiv with dentist 10 years ago. I would not be concerned today, they have the sterilization process down well. Just as them to explain how they sterilize the instruments. In Florida, at least in my dentists office, they have a certificate in the waiting room showing that they have passed the inspection regarding sterilization.
     So go to a good dentist, one a friend or family member recommends and get treated. You will be happy you did. I understand your fears but I think you have NOTHING  to worry about.
         GOOD LUCK
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Dental Health Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
469720_tn?1388149949
Blank