Dental Health Community
Infection again? Sores on gums, sore teeth, and swollen cheek...

This patient support community is for discussions relating to dental issues, bridges, cavities, crowns, orthodontics, and x-rays.

Hi - I was at the doctor two weeks ago because I had an infection around my wisdom tooth (periodontist I believe it's called).  I had this a few years ago so I knew what it was immediately.   The doctor put me on amoxicillian and it feels all better.   However, about a week ago I started getting a few small sores around the gums on the other side of my mouth.  I thought maybe I was just getting canker sores (had these before too).   Now I've got about 5 sores on my bottom right side gums and down by my tongue.   In addition, my cheek is swollen and sore, and my teeth on that side are sore when I try to bite.   I haven't had the swollen, sore cheek or sore teeth with canker sores before.   Should I see my dentist again?
yes
Would you recommend seeing my regular dentist or a specialist of some kind?  Think it is still infected or something else...weird it is the other side now and I was taking my medicine.   thanks.
Depending on if your regular dentist is knowledgable or experienced enough to diagnose your infection source. If in doubt, seeing an oral medicine specialist or oral surgeon is advised.