Inflamed tip of tongue
The taste buds on the entire tip of my tongue seem to be inflamed. Whenever I eat, I cannot taste with the tip, and it feels a bit painful but also numb. The left side of my face, under the jaw, feels a bit tender when I tough it as well.

Yesterday my inner lips and tongue tip felt like they were burning. When I woke up today, my lips were fine, but now my tongue is worse.  I went to the hospital, and they said to swish around salt water. The nurse said she did not know what was wrong (and I can guarantee you this did not happen from hot/spicy food), and just hussled me out of the hospital with no explanation, which left me quite miffed.

I have been using warm salt water rinse, hydrogen peroxide rinse, and sometimes Crest Pro Health mouthwash (the one without alcohol). I was also drinking milk to see if that would coat my tongue and make it feel better.

I am going to the doctor in two days, but this is unbearable. Anyone have any thoughts as to what it could be, or how to treat it?