Innnocuous recementing new crown results in severe left side facial neuralgia
Help! I am a fibromyalgia patient...routinely take lyrica and vicodin to control the pain that has stolen my life for the past ten years. Yesterday I went to the dentist to have a new crown (previously temp. cemented in because tooth next to it hurt) cemented back into my lower rt. side. Normally no big deal, right?  It was okay until the dental assistant cleaned the excess cement and flossed between the tooth and the one that already hurt. I should say that the one that hurt had had a root canal (checked twice) and four treatments of Arrestin and still hurt.  To my knowledge a tooth only hurts after a root canal when it is fractured...could it be my dentist just didn't want to admit this? Anyway, after the flossing, which was very painful, I left and by the time I got home, I was holding my rt. jaw. By dinner it was spreading up to my temple: a definitely neuralgic pain with burning skin.  I applied ice. By 8 oclock it was branching up to my head. I took fioricet which I take for migraines.  The pain is still there this morning and I am uncertain how I can negotiate this day because of it.  Also, I KNOW calling the dentist will produce NO decent results, but I will. Is there anything I can do or should know?