Dental Health Expert Forum
Is bridge loose
About This Forum:

Questions in the Dental Health forum are answered by Dr. Jerome Tsang. Topics covered include bridges, cavities, crowns, and x-rays.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

Is bridge loose

I have a six tooth bridge spanning the top front teeth, anchored by tooth #6, 9 and 11. When I was cleaning between #11 and 12 a couple days ago, I detected a very slight "shift" in the bridge, and I pushed slightly and it seemed to go back into place. Since then I've not had any bad taste in my mouth, sensitivity in the bridge area or anything else to suggest the bridge has come loose. I did get a new Braun (have been using one for years) and used it for the first time that day a couple hours before the "shift". Could that have caused the bridge to loosen or could this "shift" be normal and not indicate a loose bridge.

If the bridge is loose, is it normally removable and able to be re-cemented? It is held in currently with a strong cement and I have had it for 8 years.

Thank you for any help.

jefields