Dental Health Community
Is the way I use Mouthwash safe?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to dental issues, bridges, cavities, crowns, orthodontics, and x-rays.

Is the way I use Mouthwash safe?

Is the way i use mouthwash safe?

I fill my mouth up with mouthwash until it is completely full.(my cheeks are bulging)

Then I lay down and let my teeth bathe in the mouth wash for 4 mins and then i spit it out.

i use colgate plax  alcohol free mouthwash.

THe reason i do this is becoz i feel just one lid full of mouthwash doesn't get into every nook and cranny of my teeth.  When i bathe my teeth for 4 mins my teeth just feel amazing.
Avatar_dr_f_tn
Hi there,
You need to follow appropriate instructions before using a mouth wash. Pour 15-20 ml in a cup. After brushing your teeth pour it in your mouth. Gargle it for around 30-40 seconds and then spit out. Avoid overuse of alcohol containing mouthwashes. It is best to consult a dentist about the number of times you should be using it and number of days it should be used. Do write to me again.
Best wishes and regards!