Dental Health Community
Is there a link between dental and thyroid problems?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to dental issues, bridges, cavities, crowns, orthodontics, and x-rays.

I have had numerous problems with my teeth over the last 9 months (4 root canals and dental removal). In May I became extremely tired and shaky, went to two doctors and had two blood tests to see if it was a thyroid problem. They both came out normal,and they told me all my problems must be dental.  But my dentist and oral surgeon believe "it's medical".  

My throat hurts really bad for 4 months and I can barely swallow (along with dental pain still).  I believe it could be a thyroid problem, could it be possible this is causing my dental problems and the blood tests are coming out normal but I could have something going on with my thyroid?  Or can you think of anything else that could be causing these problems.  

Any help is appreciated, I've been dealing with this for 9 months and am open to any feedback!!
It appears that you have chronic throat problem , which is best managed by ENT. If blood test does'nt reveal thyroid dysfunction, thyroid is probably no problem. If you contantly feel tired, chronic fatigue symdrome may be considered in differential diagnosis. If you are suffering from chronic head, neck, shoulder, and orofacial pain,seeing a tmj specialist is advised. Assuming you do'nt have any dental pathology at present time.