Jaw Pain
A few weeks ago, I had jaw pain for about two weeks. It went away for a few days and over the weekend the pain returned. I have an intense jaw ache in my bottom right jaw. I hear a popping sound below my ears when I open my jaw, the pain hurts more when I open my jaw..even slightly to take a drink of water. A sneeze can put me in tears from pain. I have had headaches for quite some time and neck pain. My mother had TMJ as a teenager, and I wonder if I'm predisposed at all to have it, and if I even have it at all? I live in Ontario, so would I go to the doctors or the dentist?
I would recommend seeing a dentist to get a proper referral for a TMJ specialist or someone who deals with TMJ problems.