Dental Health Community
Jaw bone exposed

This patient support community is for discussions relating to dental issues, bridges, cavities, crowns, orthodontics, and x-rays.

Jaw bone exposed

Okay, I went in on August 16th to have two crowns replaced. The Dentist prepared and then said he needed to go to plan B. He then took a laser machine and layered the gums around each tooth which were the last two molars on the bottom. I asked questions and he vaguely answered that the tissue was irritated and he need to make the crowns fit. I was in the chair from 3:30 to 7:45 that evening. He said to take Tylenol if I have discomfort and I said that I have no tolerance for pain so he offered vicodin. The novacaine e wore off and the pain was unbelievably excruciating! I took a vicoden and an hour later no relief. Took another and no relief. Took another but it only took the edge off. My face began to swell so I iced it through the night since the pain wouldn't allow me to sleep anyway. I called him the next day to let him know about the pain and asked for antibiotics as I was getting worried. I also had to ask for a numbing agent ( viscous lidocaine) to brush on for relief. I ended up sleeping the entire weekend stoned on vicodin. One week later, I finally went to see a oral surgeon and he took one look, shook his head and said the dentist really screwed me up and that he layered down to the jaw bone...my jaw bone is exposed! He compared it to Dry Socket which is one of the most excruciating problems in dentistry. I will take four or more weeks to grow back and I have to suffer in the meantime. It has been 17 days now and I still have to make sure I take the meds if I don't, the pain comes right back. I am going to file a complaint with the Board but am also considering hiring an Attorney. I am now on FMLA through work so I won't get terminated for so many missed days for being I'll and in pain and for the appointments. Would any of you consider suing this dentist? I feel bad because he is a nice but this was my first procedure done by Him.
Tags: pain gums