Dental Health Expert Forum
Jaw problems after dental visit
About This Forum:

Questions in the Dental Health forum are answered by Dr. Jerome Tsang. Topics covered include bridges, cavities, crowns, and x-rays.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

Jaw problems after dental visit

I am having terrible trouble with the right side of my jaw since my dentist visit two weeks ago. I was to have a simple cleaning done on the right side with the help of freezing. I was given a numbing injection and felt a shock go through my lower lip and up into my head.  Now I am left with a ‘locked’ feeling in my jaw on my right side, I can no longer bring my bottom teeth out and up to meet my top teeth ( I have an overbite) and my ear is in pain. I have contacted my dentist twice who has told me to stretch my jaw, use warm compresses and take advil and or muscle relaxers. I can not eat food that isn’t ‘flat’  so I can just slide it in without needing to open wide, and the right side aches all the time. I am suppose to have the left side cleaned this week and I am terrified. I do admit that the motion in my jaw is about 10% better with stretching, but it's not enough to live a normal everyday life. It's been 2 1/2 weeks since this procedure.