Dental Health Expert Forum
Jaw surgery to remove tumor?

Questions in the Dental Health forum are answered by Dr. Jerome Tsang. Topics covered include bridges, cavities, crowns, and x-rays.

Jaw surgery to remove tumor?
I have to have jaw surgery to remove a tumor. I will have to get a bone graft from my hip to place in my jaw. Has anyone ever had this done? What will I be expecting?  I'd like to learn more about scaring, and recovering.  Please help, thanks.  If it matters I'm a 27/f
You should definitely post this question in the Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery section under Expert Forum.  The oral surgeon there should be better able to answer your questions as he/she has more experience in the matter.  Sorry, as a general dentist, I don't do those types of jaw surgeries.