Dental Health Community
Jaw swolen under tooth and feels bruised

This patient support community is for discussions relating to dental issues, bridges, cavities, crowns, orthodontics, and x-rays.

I have a swolen jaw with a knot on the jaw bone below a tooth. I have periodontal disease and am in the process of having the surgery. Last week my upper mouth (just had two temporary bridge put in til after surgery) had an absess (abscess) to the gum/tooth and was treated with amoxicillan after a week another (front tooth) appeared to be absessed had a large (red and inflamed) bump come up and the front temp bridge (tooth) became very sore as if someone had hit my tooth called dentist and took advil for the discomfort all week and dealt with it. Finally it went down (pain) but now my jaw same side had become swolen and started getting real sore to the point it actually felt like I was hit hard at the jaw but the tooth itself does not hurt. This tooth had lots of work done to it through the years and finally had a bridge put on it and the bridge came off I ignored it for yrs til I finally went to dentist and there is nothing but root exposed. Dentist is going to remove the roots (pull the tooth remains). I am scared since i have been on 1st antibiotic and now he called me in Amoxicillin been 2 days and is not getting any better and its a weekend. I'm scheduled to return to his office on Tues. He didn't examine me this time since he was out of office but called in the prescription for me.
I would appreciate any advise you can share. I'm scared its serious.
Thanks,

This discussion is related to Jaw Swollen under crown.