Dental Health Expert Forum
Jaw tingling

Questions in the Dental Health forum are answered by Dr. Jerome Tsang. Topics covered include bridges, cavities, crowns, and x-rays.

Jaw tingling
When I drink certain wines or citrus drinks or eat foods with vinegar in them, like some mustards, i get a painful tingling in my jaw.  I do have TMJ problems, but wear a night guard that pretty much takes care of it.  My dentist thinks it may be an allergy of some kind, but there is no real consistency to what kind of wine etc...  Has anyone ever heard of this?
Thanks!
I'm not sure what it is either.  Have you considered using some sensitivity toothpaste to help alleviate the symptoms?  

Is the painful tingling all over the mouth or a certain part of the jaw?
I have the exact same problem. I am 52, and it started about 6 months ago. It is on both sides of my jaw, inside the mouth, as if suddenly something really sour has been put there.I have no idea what it can be from.
When was the last time you had a dental checkup?  Try some sensitivity toothpaste, although it'll take about 4-5 weeks for it to work fully.