Dental Health Community
Large bump after wisdom tooth extraction

This patient support community is for discussions relating to dental issues, bridges, cavities, crowns, orthodontics, and x-rays.

My daughter had all four of her wisdom teeth extracted on June 26. The swelling in the right side of her jaw has never gone down and she continues to be in pain. She has been through several rounds of antibiotics and oral steroids. Yesterday after cheer practice she was complaining of a great deal of pain and her gums were swollen on the inside. We began icing it and called the oral surgeon. Four hours later she had a large gumball sized bump on her jaw. I called the oral surgeon again and he gave her Zmax. She has suffered all night. Should I take her to the doctor? The oral surgeon is out until next week.
Tags: help-wisdom tooth extraction, bump after extraction, tooth extraction
I would definately take her to the doctor.  It sounds like her jaw is infected.  Someone needs to look at it and also give her something to treat the pain.