Dental Health Expert Forum
Lingual Frenulum Hard and White

Questions in the Dental Health forum are answered by Dr. Jerome Tsang. Topics covered include bridges, cavities, crowns, and x-rays.

Lingual Frenulum Hard and White
My lingual frenulum has been irritated for the last few days.. at the top of it, the part closest to my tongue, it is hard to the touch and white in color. There is what looks like to be a gap or small opening along the middle of the lingual frenulum. What is causing this, and should I be worried?
Probably should go see a dentist to make sure its nothing serious.  It might be a little trauma or something.  If you remember injuring it, I would leave it alone but if it seems to be happening for no apparent reason, it would be best to get it checked out.  Hopefully its nothing serious and just a canker sore but you can't say definitively until you get it checked out.