Dental Health Expert Forum
Little white spots inside cheek

Questions in the Dental Health forum are answered by Dr. Jerome Tsang. Topics covered include bridges, cavities, crowns, and x-rays.

Little white spots inside cheek

I'm a 37 yr old female. I just recently posted a question in the STD forum about the link from HPV and oral cancer. The doctor there sufficiently answered my fears (I tend to be a hypochondriac). However I did look in my mouth (again, the hypochondriac) and noticed that on the left side of my cheek (which I habitually bite, although this is a little lower than that spot) along the line where my bottom gums start are a series of small white patches/bumps. The size of the top of a push pin. They are smooth to the touch with my tongue although they are raised, and don't itch and don't feel irritated. The rational part of my brain says go see your dentist, but I couldn't resist writing in since I know I won't see my dentist for another month. There are bumps as well on that side along the top row of teeth on my cheek, but they are slightly larger, are the same color as my cheek and have been there for years (although more of them have popped up). Is there any reason I should rush to the dentist for either of these bumps or am I okay just waiting another month until my six month checkup?
It wouldn't hurt to go see your dentist to get it checked out.  It most likely its just cheek biting but its hard for me to confidently say that its not a big deal and that you can wait.  I think your best source of information will be your dentist.