Dental Health Expert Forum
Loose crown does the tooth need to be pulled?
About This Forum:

Questions in the Dental Health forum are answered by Dr. Jerome Tsang. Topics covered include bridges, cavities, crowns, and x-rays.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

Loose crown does the tooth need to be pulled?

I have a crown on tooth 10, it was recemented about 5 years ago and has been fine. It is loose again and wiggling. The dentist said she cannot take it off and recement because the tooth underneath will be pulled out. My only option is an implant in the tooth or a bridge. I wonder before I do this if a second opinion is good idea. I don't get the bridge option she would have to take the crown off the tooth next to it ( how is that tooth not going to "come out" like she said and the tooth on the other side would have to be drilled down and basically destroyed. The implant would be about 4k and I don't have the money. I don't see why she can't at least try to re-do the crown or recement it or am I being sent towards the most$$ treatment.
She also told me that the tooth underneath is fine, that it is the loose post that is causing the wiggling and that basically it will break off in an emergency situation ...maybe now, maybe 6 months. I can't see having a loose tooth for 6 months..I just wonder if I should have a 2nd opinion of if all this sounds right...
Tags: crown, loose