Dental Health Expert Forum
Loose front teeth for a year

Questions in the Dental Health forum are answered by Dr. Jerome Tsang. Topics covered include bridges, cavities, crowns, and x-rays.

Loose front teeth for a year
My top four front teeth have been a little loose for about a year now. I went to the dentist after they had been feeling loose for a couple months, and he said I have very healthy teeth it was nothing to worry about; it should go away on its own. But it's been a year and they're still loose! There is no pain or sensitivity, just the looseness. I don't believe I was doing anything like tugging or on them or thrusting them with my tongue -- however, I find that I have been doing that since they became loose. When it feels like my teeth have been pushed in a little because of the looseness, I use my tongue to push them back out, and I can kind of feel them click back into place. What could this be, and what should I do? Thanks!
I think you need another opinion. There can be a number of reasons why your teeth would be loose but I don't know how they would get better by themselves. Seek out  a peridontist for an exam.
Did your dentist check your gums? When you go to the dentist, either the hygienist or the dentist needs to check your gums by using a little probe to measure the pocket depths around your teeth. Gum disease can make your teeth loose without them even hurting if it gets bad enough. I would go somewhere else.
I could have written your post. I have one front tooth that's been loose for a whole year now. It doesn't hurt but it won't fall off. My gums are fine. The other teeth are solid. I'm just as puzzled. I am really not sure what I am going to do when it eventually falls off. I like the idea of an implant but I can't stand the thought of somebody drilling in my jaw bone. Maybe I'll just wear a "falsie" or in teeth language a "flipper".
You may be grinding or leveraging against your teeth at night.  Try wearing a night guard.