Dental Health Expert Forum
Lost large filling on side of molar, signs of spreading infection? no ...
About This Forum:

Questions in the Dental Health forum are answered by Dr. Jerome Tsang. Topics covered include bridges, cavities, crowns, and x-rays.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

Lost large filling on side of molar, signs of spreading infection? no insurance

I had a fairly large cavity on the outer side surface of a lower molar filled approximately two years ago. About 2 months ago, I was eating a pop tart and suddenly I felt something break and found pieces of the filling in my food.  The filling just came out and broke. Its in a fairly odd place toward the bottom of the tooth near the gumline.  Now its like a fairly large hole and has a greenish tint inside.  The side of the mouth where this tooth is located is heavily relied on for regular chewing due to 3 missing molars on the bottom opposite side of the mouth.  Since the filling fell out I have been eating softer foods and trying to chew food on the other side but it hurts to chew with just upper teeth and gums.  

Im 27 years old with no major health problems.  I got laid off and have no health or dental insurance.  

If there is no pus, drainage, or serious pain from the tooth itself, can infection symptoms manifest in other ways? I have had sinus issues for about a month and have occasionally been coughing up foul smelling chunks of green mucous.  As a result, my breath smells as bad as the mucous.  I am wondering if the tooth issue could be contributing to this problem as a spreading infection or if my symptoms are more likely relation to chest infection?

I am aware of how important it is to have this tooth fixed, but honestly I can barely get by on what little money I do have and have NO money to go see a professional.