Dental Health Community
Lower Denture and Pain

This patient support community is for discussions relating to dental issues, bridges, cavities, crowns, orthodontics, and x-rays.

Lower Denture and Pain

I just got a lower denture it is painful I can't eat with it in, is this normal? does it take time wearing it or not wearing it even when its painful is that the way to go or take it out?  How long should it take till I can eat with it in?
assuming lower denture refers to full or complete lower denture. If a full denture is well fabricated, pain will not be experienced during functioning. Pain associated with full denture generally will not go away spontaneously, unless proper adjustment is intervened. If your condition is full lower against natural upper, this is the worst condition to make full denture. On the contrast, full upper and full lower is much easier to work on. Seeing a prosthodontist is advised.