Lower Right Jaw Pain
I have pain in the lower right jaw around where the jaw curves close to, but below, the ear. I recently went to the dentist and xrays showed no problems, and there is no tooth pain. I do not have my tonsils and my glands are not swollen. Are there nerves that feed through this area? I can't understand why this pain is here. It seems to go away for a few days but then comes back without cause.
Very tender to the touch. Do you have any idea what I can do or who I should see for this problem?
Seeing a tmj specialist is advised.
I was told I don't have TMJ, but do have severe ringing in both ears (different tones and the right ear is louder than the left) and most of the time my left ear feels stopped up(?)
TMd contains a variety of symptoms, which is not restricted to tmj pain and tmj clicking sound. If ent exam yields no causes of tinnitus, myofascial trigger point of lateral pterygoid and masseter muscles are possible culprit of  tinnitus. You may go to ent or tmj specialist to have the trigger point injection, if the trigger point is the cause of tinnitus, tinnitus generally will subside or diminish right after the injection.Once the diagnostic injection is confirmed, definite treatment plan can be proceeded.
Thank you, I have seen an ENT in the past for ringing in my ears, but all he did was run a hearing test and told me I had some hearing loss and attributed the ringing to that. I am going to copy your post and take it with me so maybe the next ENT will not just blow me off.
Thanks again,
Elizabeth