Dental Health Community
Lump In My Jawline After Wisdom Tooth Extraction

This patient support community is for discussions relating to dental issues, bridges, cavities, crowns, orthodontics, and x-rays.

I got all 4 of my wisdom teeth removed, 8 days ago. Two were impacted. My swelling has gone down, but I still have alot of pain and discomfort. I have a constant pain on the upper right hand side of my face, and there is an obvious hole that is extremly sore, and is constantly hurting. It makes me want to scream, and is making it very hard to sleep. I wake up in the middle of the night, or I cant fall asleep. It makes me want to cry. The other teeth are virtually fine. Also though, the jawline on the right side of my face now has a bump on it, its a little visible, and extremly obvious when touch compared to my left side. It too is a constant pain, that when it is touched almost causes tears. Does anyone know what it could be? Or if that is normal?
Well, I don't have a whole lot of experience with dental things, but what you're experiencing doesn't sound at all normal to me.  Maybe you have dry socket, or an infection or something.  I think you should call the dentist as soon as possible and tell him you need to get in right away.  

I had all 4 of my wisdom teeth pulled  3 months ago, and I had no swelling or pain whatsoever.

I hope you feel better soon