Dental Health Expert Forum
Lump on inner lower gum

Questions in the Dental Health forum are answered by Dr. Jerome Tsang. Topics covered include bridges, cavities, crowns, and x-rays.

Lump on inner lower gum
gmn
I have a boney bump/growth on the lower inner part of my bottom left (front) gum right below one of my teeth but not totally in the well of the mouth floor.  I am a FORMER long time snuff and alcohol user (quit both awhile back) and am very conscious (SCARED is a better word) of oral cancer but for some reason I haven't noticed this before.  I have yearly dental exams/oral cancer screenings and would have assumed that he would have seen last visit.  I am scheduled to go back to my dentist for a look see and was wondering if anyone has heard of any 'routine' info that may cause this so I can at least have something
It sounds more like normal anatomy called a torus, and nothing to be worried about.  To be sure, have your dentist examine you.
cant tell without seeing you, taking films etc. get it checked by yor dentist.
gmn
Went to dentist today...confirmed it was torus...thankfully no other abnormalities noted but given past use of snuff and alcohol, will have to have 6 mo check ups and do monthly oral self exams for ever to stay on top of any oral cx...
A related discussion, lumps on inside of gums was started.