Dental Health Expert Forum
Lump on inner lower gum
About This Forum:

Questions in the Dental Health forum are answered by Dr. Jerome Tsang. Topics covered include bridges, cavities, crowns, and x-rays.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

Lump on inner lower gum

I have a boney bump/growth on the lower inner part of my bottom left (front) gum right below one of my teeth but not totally in the well of the mouth floor.  I am a FORMER long time snuff and alcohol user (quit both awhile back) and am very conscious (SCARED is a better word) of oral cancer but for some reason I haven't noticed this before.  I have yearly dental exams/oral cancer screenings and would have assumed that he would have seen last visit.  I am scheduled to go back to my dentist for a look see and was wondering if anyone has heard of any 'routine' info that may cause this so I can at least have something