Dental Health Community
Massive tooth ache and pressure just in front of ear canal

This patient support community is for discussions relating to dental issues, bridges, cavities, crowns, orthodontics, and x-rays.

I have really bad teeth, i have for a couple of years and they just keep getting worse, but i have been unemployed for 2 years and i havent had dental insurance in 6 years.

Usually i just get a minor toothache and its gone the next day or two, but they have been getting progressively worse with time.

Now this time, my left back molar is hurting like no other and the only thing that gets the pain to subside is a cold fluid in my mouth till warm, then i have to spit it out and fill my mouth back up with something cold again, i cant keep going on like this.

Also, about a week before it started i got a slight pain and an imense pain in my ear and i almost lost hearing all together than it went away, but then it came back the same time the pain in my mouth started.  The pain and most of the pressure goes away when i put something warm up against my ear though.

A little background on my teeth, i obviously with no dental never got my wisdom teeth removed, so they cracked and now there is nothing but the base of the tooth left and the rest of my teeth on the left side of my mouth looks about the same, the teeth on the right side of my mouth arent quite as bad, but they are getting there also.

What do i do and what would be the best route to take seeing how i have no money or insurance?
I dont know if it is an absessed tooth or not, but i have heard that an absessed tooth can be life threatening if it goes unchecked, please please please, help me!!!!!!!!!

I really need as much help as possible, because i cannot take much more of this, i lose all my energy fighting this and i literally get laid up in bed unable to do anything.
check if there is a dental school in you area. maybe they can help.
I have tried that, but there isnt many Dental schools around here.
They dont have any openings in the near future either.

When you have an ear infection, doesnt it leak something or is that not involved in all ear infections?
I'm not sure about the ear infection correlation but there are some dentists who will take emergency patients and than are able to put you on a payment plan.  It sounds to me like an absessed wisdom tooth.  You don't want to leave that untreated as wisdom teeth are connected to your jaw bone and the infection can be extremely life threatning without treatment.  Believe me, I'm there now.  If all else fails, go to the ER and get put on antibiotics.  The very least you can do is take care of the infection.  Also, Ibuprofen/Advil is the best for toothaches.