Metallic Taste in Mouth
I am 39 and have never had a cavity.  Because I hadn't gone to the dentist in 7 years, I recently had to have scaling & planing done.  One week after the left side was done in January, one of the teeth on that side started having pain and began turning gray.  The dentist said that the nerve was dying so a root canal with a filling (non-metallic filling) was performed.  I just had the 2nd half of the deep cleaning done 2 weeks ago.  Since then, I've had this funky metallic taste in my mouth.  My gums aren't bleeding and I'm not taking any medications.  Does the metallic taste have anything to do with the cleaning?  Any idea what this could be?
If you are using mouthrinse, which contains chlorhexidine, a metallic taste can be perceived. Please google" dysgeusia"( altered taste), you probably will get detailed information.