Dental Health Expert Forum
Molar Pain

Questions in the Dental Health forum are answered by Dr. Jerome Tsang. Topics covered include bridges, cavities, crowns, and x-rays.

Molar Pain

Over the last three days, I've had a dull ache in my back and upper molars, which occassionally moves to my front teeth. Mostly it's centralized in my back left molar, and at my last 6-month checkup, I was told everything was fine. I don't think I have a cavity, but I do have a cold, and I heard this could be deflected pain. I had my wisdom teeth out this Christmas, but I don't know if this pain has anything to do with that.

I'm in England right now, and I know the dentristy system isn't good here, so I'm genuinely afraid there might be a real problem. Hopefully it's just sinus pain-it does go away, but it has been getting worse, though the pain is not severe.
Avatar dr m tn
I think you need to see a dentist to rule out the possibility that there isn't a cavity or nerve problem. It certainly can be related to the sinuses. If you can wait until your cold gets better and see how the tooth reacts.