Dental Health Community
Molar has gum growing over the top?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to dental issues, bridges, cavities, crowns, orthodontics, and x-rays.

Molar has gum growing over the top?

My mouth is very painful when i bite down, chew, orbrush my teeth. The bottom right tooth, my molar, has gum growing on/over it, it doesnt really move. What could it be?
Avatar_dr_f_tn
The pain can be because of multiple causes like caries, gingivitis, sensitive teeth or nerve pain. The gum growing over the molar is found when the molar tries to erupt and the eruption are not complete. Eventually the molar will cut through the gums but if this is very painful then the gum tissue can be cut by your Doctor to help the molar to erupt. Consult your Doctor.
The answer is based on information provided. Exact advice is not possible without a proper examination and investigations. You are requested to consult your Doctor. Take care and keep us posted.