Dental Health Expert Forum
Molars Hurt! Time to replace fillings?

Questions in the Dental Health forum are answered by Dr. Jerome Tsang. Topics covered include bridges, cavities, crowns, and x-rays.

Molars Hurt! Time to replace fillings?

I have 4 molars with silver fillings that are about 12 years old. Two are upper molars and two are bottom.

All 4 of these teeth hurt when I floss them. One upper molar hurts more than the other 3 and it even causes a pulsating sensation in my head sometimes, which I am sure is caused by that tooth.

Do i need to replace all these 4 fillings? Will the dentist clean out whatever is in there before he puts the new fillings in and will that fix it.

I don't think I need a root canal (or maybe just for that one that is pulsating), these teeth hurt when flossing, but there isnt much pain usually.
It could be the fillings fault or it could be the gums.  You need to go to a dentist to figure out which is which and get the proper treatment.  You may just need a cleaning.