Dental Health Community
Mouth Sore

This patient support community is for discussions relating to dental issues, bridges, cavities, crowns, orthodontics, and x-rays.

Mouth Sore

There are flatten flash in both inner side of my mouth and in my right side of my hard palate...What are the possible cause...I have taken antibiotics and vitamin C but no change.My doctor suggested for scaling and polishing....Will you please help me in this situation...
Avatar dr f tn
Hi there,
Is it that your teeth were irritating the oral cavity and that has lead to the formation of these sores? The sharp edge of a broken tooth or filling can lead to mouth sores. They can also be caused by bacterial, fungal and viral infections. Canker sores can begin as red spots or bumps and can be very painful. A clinical examination is essential for correct diagnosis. See your dentist and clarify your doubts. You need to discuss your queries before undergoing scaling and polishing. Do keep us posted.
Best luck and regards!