Dental Health Community
Mouth problems,in a lot of pain

This patient support community is for discussions relating to dental issues, bridges, cavities, crowns, orthodontics, and x-rays.

Mouth problems,in a lot of pain

I'm 16 ,and Ive been going through so much trouble with my body.I have a canker sore in my mouth and the tip of my tongue on the right side burns.I think I bit my tongue to hard it looks clear and red around it and it leads down too my tongue alittle..I dont drink,smoke ..My family is very healthy and have such a great diet..But I need help now it bothers me and now its the fourth day .I used perxide,sometimes drink salt water or use baking soda..I just wanna get rid of this thing ..Can some one please help me bad!!!,I cant take it any longer with this crap!!!!
When I was younger I remember getting quite a few canker sores.  I'm so sorry your in so much pain.  

When using the salt water, peroxide, or baking soda your not suppose to drink the solution.  The best thing to do is swish the solutions in your mouth and spit it back out in the sink.  The peroxide should be put on a cotton swab, then dab on the sore area.  

Canker sores that are really severe should be treated by the doctor or dentist.  You can ask your parents to make you an appoinment and bring you there.  Usually you should see the doctor or dentist if the canker sores last two weeks or longer.  If it gets to be too bad, you may want to go into the doctor right away.

Most canker sores will heal on their own.  You may want to ask your parents to give you some ibuprofen or tylenol to help with the pain.  They can be very painful.  I hope you feel better soon.  Take care.
Those are painful, but luckily usually short-lived.  RM is right, though, that if it's bad, you may need a doctor or dentist to take a look at it.  There thinks you can buy at the pharmacy for canker sore relief.  Maybe even Anbesol might help a tiny bit.
thanks for the help,and yeaa if it keeps on bothering me like crazy I'll go to see a doc.but it's the tip of my right tongue that really hurts ..=[