Dental Health Community
My Daughter has a Cavity???

This patient support community is for discussions relating to dental issues, bridges, cavities, crowns, orthodontics, and x-rays.

My Daughter has a Cavity???

I took my daughter age 4 to the dentist two weeks ago for her very first appointment. Both the Dental Assistant and the Dentist had great things to say....the Dentist even went so far as to say that her teeth look like they were picked out of a catalog.
Yesterday she was complaining about a tooth hurting (top tooth right next to the front left). I took a look in her mouth and there is a little grey spot. I think it is a cavity but I'm not really sure (don't really know what else it could be). I am pretty upset that the dentist didn't pick up on it. Can a cavity really form that fast or should the Dentist have picked up on it???
Before assuming anything call your daughter's dentist and ask him what this could be and go from there.  Cavities take time to form so talk to your dentist and see what he has to say.  Best wishes.
turns out it really was a cavity and the dentist claims he noticed it but wasn't worried about is since it was just a baby tooth. But now that it is bothering her he decided it was time to take care of it. Looks like we are on a dentist search again!
Wow! That was very negligent of the dentist!  He should have told you about it, told you what his thoughts were and let you decide.  Cavities in baby teeth can cause issues in the permanent teeth. Kudos to you for finding a new dentist!!!