My cheek and gums are swollen above a tooth with a filling
This past Sunday I was in the car with my family and all of a sudden I had this really sharp horrible pain shoot through the left side of my face.   It didn't feel like it was the tooth that had the filling but above it and mroe toward the sinus cavity. The tooth itself is mildy sensitive to pressure, but soothed by chewing or drinking hot or cold. and the swollen cheek and gums are making all the teeth on that side of my my face throb.  I went to the dentist yesterday (Tuesday) and got an x-ray done. He wasn't sure what the problem is because of the lack of pain, but he didn't say anything about an absess, and referred me to an Endodontist. I won't be seeing the Endodontist for almost 4 weeks.

Currently, the gums above the tooth are throbbing. I have no bad tasted in my mouth, blood, pus, or otherwise. I have cold/hot sensitivity but mild pressure and all the teeth feel a bit loose. The most swollen part of my mouth are the top left gums above the tooth, and pressure on the swelling is mild-moderate pain. Putting pressure on the Cheek, which is the most swollen on my face, is extreme pain. The cheek feels full/pressured, and I haven't had any mucus or anything Since Sunday (clearest nasal breathing I've ever had), but each day the cheek feels more and more swollen, and my head starts to feel like it's gonna burst.

I started taking tylenol arthritus, Advid cold and sinus, and Z-pack. The pain is certainly lessened when I take the tylenol and advil but the swelling remains.

Anyone offering any input would be greatly appreciated.
The source of pain may be dental pulp or periodontal tissue. Seeing a dentist to determine the source of pain is advised.
i had a tooth filled upper back received a shot had a prior filling last month no problems that visit the last visit was 6 hrs ago mouth is no longer numb but my cheek is twice its side and tender feels as if a lot of fluid is in cheek tried hot compresses still huge is this normal?e-mail is ***@**** some feedback please
Had severe toothache,the dentist said it has infection and then treat the canals,after my cheek swolled.And its even getting bigger.lm taking antibiotic.but l still worry that swelling might never go way.Dont know what to do.Anyone can give advice.