Dental Health Expert Forum
My front lower gums hurt?

Questions in the Dental Health forum are answered by Dr. Jerome Tsang. Topics covered include bridges, cavities, crowns, and x-rays.

My front lower gums hurt?

Three days ago, my bottom front gum's started hurting. They only really hurt when i talk or move them around. Last week i started brushing better because i got only my top braces done and I wanted my teeth to stay healthy while i have them on. So being said that, I switched to a spin brush approximately a week ago. The problem is the electric toothbrush was only 5 dollars and was pretty rough. I'm thinking this could be a reason what do you think? Another thing is my gum's are red though but I've had red gum's since i was about 8. I don't know if it's Gingivitis because when i brush i don't bleed, but could this also be a reason why? If none of these apply what could it be? I am 13 years old if that helps. What could i do to make it not sore? How long will it stay sore?
So the teeth have started to hurt on the bottom?  It may be gingivitis.  When was the last time you had a dental check up and cleaning?  Its possible the spin brush may be too rough on the gums.  Try using your regular brush and see if that improves the situation as well.
Well it's not my teeth that hurt it's just my bottom front gum's, switching to my Colgate 360 has really helped. Thanks a lot! The last time i had a dental check up and cleaning was a couple months ago, my dentist just said try to polish my gum's a little for the redness. And also, when I just wake up my gum's seem to be pinker. Then after that when i brush my teeth and eat they are reddish/pink again.
You may want to review your oral hygiene technique.  You might be brushing too hard and causing some irritation to the gums.  
Every nigh 3 after hours after been sleep the pain wake me up...its a pain in the top right gum/teeth side..I take some tylenol but it doesn't work a give pressure with my finger and that give little release but I don't know why of this pain i never have problem with my mouh..my last exam was around 6 months ago....what do u think this is?
It could be a possible gum irritation.  You should go back to your dentist and have it checked out.  Sometimes while eating, something hard can get stuck in the gums such as a popcorn shell and it can cause chronic irritation.  Another possibility may be grinding at night and its causing some trauma to your tooth since its occurs at night.  Best to get it checked out
A related discussion, gum problems was started.