My gums feel swollen...
I have a few teeth where it feels like my gums are swollen right where the tips of the roots of my teeth would be. I don't know if its actually swollen or not (its the only way I can describe it) but it feels like there is a bump where the root of the teeth would be. I can tell that it is different from the rest of my gums because the rest of my gums are smooth compared to when you run your finger along the areas where my gums feel "swollen". I've asked my dentists in the past about it and they've never looked into it.

Another way for me to describe it would be that it kind of feels like there is a bump under the gums. What could this be? Also, one of the teeth feels loose where the gum is swollen and occasionally aches whenever I have sinus pressure. Should I be worried?

Lastly, I want to add that a few years back I was hit in the area of the mouth that I was describing when a friend of mine was tossing his sandal across the room. I didn't seek any dental attention at the time because it didn't cause me any pain after the incident.
Hello there,
There are many causes of swollen gums. It could be bacteria or a lack of a certain vitamin that can lead to swollen gums. Gingivitis, scurvy, periodontitis are few possibilities. The symptoms of gingivitis are swollen gums, bad breath, easily bleeding of the gums during flossing or brushing and gums may appear red-colored. Scurvy can lead to swollen bleeding gums, weakness, joint pains and muscle pains. In periodontitis there is soft tissue and bone deterioration with tender swollen gums. These are only few possibilities. For exact diagnosis and treatment a dental examination is necessary. Do keep me posted.
Best luck and take care!