Dental Health Community
My temporary crown broke!
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to dental issues, bridges, cavities, crowns, orthodontics, and x-rays.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

My temporary crown broke!

I had a temporary crown over a root canal. Last night, it cracked into three pieces. I am scheduled to get my permanent crown in 5 days. It doesn't hurt, but I am worried about causing some additional damage.  Is it ok to wait with the 'stub' exposed for a few days? (The dentist's office is closed for the long weekend.)
Related Discussions
2 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
Hi!

It is not that bad, believe me, as long as your own tooth- or the rest of the tooth - is not on the surface, you still could - if you are careful enough - "survive" with that temorary replacement. Try not to chew on that tooth i would suggest. Next time, you could also consider, if you need a bigger treatment to go abroad! My aunt is just done with a bigger treatment in Hungary at the empireclinic, they really are a good team with a very high - level of quality! Check the site in google! Bests and success with the final crowns!

Rustyyy
Blank
I guess I should have explained better. The temporary crown is in 3 parts and all have fall out of my mouth. The small stump of tooth is exposed. Perhaps is it also worth mentioning that following the root canal, a post was put in the tooth.
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Dental Health Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank
How to Silence Your Inner Critic an...